Zend Framework

My Zend Framework 1.8.2 Finally Worked

It is just a few weeks or month ago when Zend Framework 1.8.0 was released, followed by Zend Framework 1.8.1. However, I am very hesitant because I can’t make the command line tool zf.bat work for creating a new project.

I am amazed with the new update on Class Autoloading using the new Zend_Loader_Autoloader (depreciating the old Zend_Loader::registerAutoLoad()). But the problem is that I can’t make a new project using it’s tool.

So I decided to not use the zf.bat and directly use it on my existing project. I replaced the whole Zend directory with the new version. When I tested the main page, it says the my previous code:


is already depreciated. Therefore I need to use the new Zend_Loader_Autoloader. I am forced to read the documentation (my bad) and it got it finally. Here is the replacement for my autoloader.

$autoloader = Zend_Loader_Autoloader::getInstance();

The My_ there means the it adds to its namespace the My_ so that when there is a class named My_Gallery, it will use its auto loading magic. I have actually one namespace to add since I’m creating my own plugin.

Still it is not enough. We need to optimize it by removing all instances of require_once like what we’ve done on my old post on Zend Framework Optimization Tips. On my old post, we can remove all require_once except those inside the main entry index.php which will need to load first the Zend_Loader.

In Zend Framework 1.8.2, we need at least two require_once statement. By the way, after I removed all require_once from the steps above, my application didn’t work anymore. We need to add require once to:


the line which would includ the file Zend/Loader.php.

After all those frustrating steps, I’m now using the latest version. Oh, its at least more stable than using the 1.8.0 immediately. Thanks to the Zend Framework Team!

1 thought on “My Zend Framework 1.8.2 Finally Worked”

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *